IT WAS FUNNY AND THEN IT WASNT
Bob and the deli guy.
#i had to make this just so i could watch it whenever i wanted #i just fucking love that it’s not played off like the usual gay panic joke #this rly exemplifies the humor of the show for me and why I love it so much #it’s akward and weird but never EVER mean #the important misunderstanding in this situation isn’t Bob’s sexuality; it’s the reason why he keeps buying turkeys #like he’s def more concerned that this deli guy thinks he’s not a real cook than he is about being hit on
what if obama does the ice bucket challenge and nominates queen elizabeth
what if obama actually talks about what’s going on in ferguson
what if obama stopped exterminating the middle eastern population with drones
what if obama lowered my gotdamn tuition
What if everyone gets educated and stops acting like the President can make decisions for the country by themselves
Upon second viewing, I have definitely concluded that Guardians of the Galaxy is even better when you imagine it as a tabletop campaign with an increasingly frustrated DM who’s sick of being interrupted.
GM: “Roll 2d10.”
Peter: “Red high. Twelve.”
GM: “You have 12 percent of a plan.”
The entire prison break scene was just Rocket’s player rolling knowledge checks on every turn until something worked.
- When Drax’s player said, “I go into the phone booth and call Ronan to Knowhere”, the DM stared open-mouthed for a minute, then called break time. The rest of the party was speechless.
- Pretty much just in general, Drax’s player is one of those people who thinks Chaotic Neutral means “throws self at shit for the lulz” and is really fortunate he didn’t have many other opportunities to derail the campaign.
- Gamora’s player gets really exasperated by the entirety of the campaign. They rolled a character with a tragic backstory and clear hooks to the villain to expand on, and had no idea that everyone else was going to be so silly. It leads to begging the party to just once execute a normal plan because look at Gamora’s stealth bonus, this min/maxed assassin needs a chance to use her abilities, please.
- Rocket’s a skill monkey who, if not for Drax’s grand display of idiocy, would have gladly derailed the campaign with absurd plans.
- Groot was a joke idea someone came up with that people ended up liking too much.
- Ronan’s confusion when Star Lord began dancing was the DM’s confusion verbatim.
- The DM now vetoes Chaotic Neutral characters on principle.
The only reason i enjoy going to bed is so i can make stories up in my head which makes my brain think it’s actually real
YES IT CAME BACK
THIS IS THE ONLY ONE OF THESE THAT IS EVEN REMOTELY ACCEPTABLE THANK YOU
FUCKING THANK YOU!!